Some things are falling apart while others are falling together.
I've been enjoying my time in the NKUST (first campus) wind band club immensely, with several performances, noticeable improvements in my trumpet ability, as well as the national competition which resumed after two years of hiatus due to COVID. (The competition took place before infections took off again around March.)
There have been days where I'm questioning the will to live and such. This has prompted me to actually seek help — again. I'll have to see how well I'm able to lift myself out of this with mental help.
I'm on the verge of failing college completely and will need to take a break to avoid being expelled, as far as I can tell.
I think I made some projects that I'm reasonably proud of.
- Kemdict, my new flagship project. It provides a unified search interface for 5 dictionaries from the Taiwanese Ministry of Education, plus a space for me to try to fill in missing words or meanings.
- kisaragi-notes is now Minaduki, but it's still just my personal fork of Org-roam v1. I remember deciding that I wanted to rename it during FF38, in February.
- yabridgectl-emacs, a simple Emacs user interface for yabridge, like an interactive version of
- org-import-simplenote, an Emacs command to import a Simplenote export into an Org file.
- https://github.com/kisaragi-hiu/interris, an experiment in writing an interactive playground for
- ntoml.el, a half-done half-abandoned attempt to create a pure Emacs Lisp TOML 1.0 decoder / encoder. Not anywhere near usable.
- tftt, a 1-day project to experiment with a way to visualize trumpet fingerings.
- I'm in the progress of trying to make Firefox Android display human-readable URLs instead of percent-encoded URLs. Right now it's not yet done though.
- parinfer-elisp (parinferlib.el, vendored by parinfer-mode): Increase performance by 50%. parinfer-mode has been deprecated and archived, but I've been trying to maintain my own fork because I'm not used to parinfer-rust-mode; while looking for ways to speed up parinfer-mode, I also made some changes to parinfer-elisp that turned out to improve performance by a ton.
- Org-roam: Fix file modification detection failing in some edge cases
- 20 more drive-by PRs on GitHub that have been merged
- I started contributing
zh_TWtranslations to KDE, including translating several pages in System Settings, translating KClock, etc.
- I also translated Identity and Kooha.
- I submitted a patch to Lokalize to add case-insensitive search because searching across KDE translations was becoming too annoying without it. This took an afternoon of digging deep into Lokalize and its KDE dependencies to find a way to do it — thankfully Qt already provides a way to search case-insensitively, and I only had to hook it up — followed by some iterations and discussions with the maintainer. I'm particularly happy about this change, as I use it all the time while translating KDE.
20 new articles.