Learning is based on iterations. Do something, then repeat, then repeat until you’re familiar with it, is essentially the process; people call this “practice”.
Different subjects have different sorts of steps to repeat, for instance:
- Language learning
- Find a unit of text (eg. a sentence).
- Figure out what it means.
- Find an unfamiliar sheet.
- Divide it into smaller chunks.
- Play each chunk until some level of familiarity.
- Combine them together.
Learning is essentially finding the steps of an iteration, and then doing it again and again.