Last year I saw Tania Rascia’s 2019 into 2020 article and thought I should do the same, but I procrastinated so much that now I’m writing a review for 2020 instead of 2019.
I wrote way too few articles this year. I’ve been keeping more private notes, some of which are more suited to this blog, so I’ll probably publish more next year.
- Current infrastructure of this site
- ox-pollen announcement
- Exporting my Slack data to an Org mode file
org-roam pull requests
I started learning about Zettlekasten in June, and started using Org-roam in August after dabbling with my own implementation of backlinks for a bit. Now when I add new diary entries, I no longer have to worry about not being able to recall old entries: backlinks and index notes allow me to see related notes easily.
As I switched to it, there were some ideas that I was able to implement, open a pull request, and got accepted.
Roughly sorted by amount of effort.
- minor bug fixes (1081, 1220)
- documentation (1251, 1253)
- preserve existing description when replacing a
- removing file-truename resolution (1109)
I also made way too few covers this year. There are at least two covers that are really close to complete but I’ve just been putting aside “for now”.
- 2020-10-24: 秘密 - はるまきごはん / 雨月 (niconico, YouTube)
- 2020-05-21: LEO - Eve / 闇音レンリ (niconico, YouTube)
- 2020-01-22: ヨミクダリの灯 - シャノン / 闇音レンリ (niconico, YouTube)
new Emacs packages
- I started taking classes in illustration and animation, although I haven’t been practicing enough.
- I started learning German in university, although
- I entered the wind band club in college (2020-03-17), trying (and struggling) to learn the trumpet.