Learning is based on iterations.
You do something, then repeat until you're familiar with it. This is what “practice” means.
Different subjects have different sorts of steps to repeat, for instance:
- Language learning
- Find a unit of text (eg. a sentence).
- Figure out what it means.
- Find an unfamiliar sheet.
- Divide it into smaller chunks.
- Play each chunk until some level of familiarity.
- Combine them together.
Learning is essentially finding the steps of an iteration, and then doing it again and again.
It is, however, very hard to figure out steps that are actually helpful.